Giant George: The 7-Foot-Tall Great Dane Photos and New Book
UPDATE, OCTOBER 25, 2013:
Giant George has gone to visit the Rainbow Bridge and play with the other puppies and dogs who are waiting for him. He died one-month before his 8th birthday.
“It is with a heavy heart that we announce Giant George died on Thursday, October 17, 2013,” his owners, David and Christine Nasser, posted on GiantGeorge.com. “George passed away peacefully surrounded by loved ones … We appreciate the love and support you have given Giant George over the last several years.”
‘Giant’ George the world’s largest dog is used to enormous amounts of attention and is all set for more with the release of his new book. Written by his owner, Dave Nasser, ‘Giant George: Life with the World’s Biggest Dog’ charts the gigantic allowances that the 230 pound Great Dane needs daily to get by.
Here are some tid-bits – or should I say “kibbles” – about ol’ Giant George here.
• Giant George is now six-years-old;
• George stands nearly four-feet-tall at the shoulders;
• When standing on his hind legs, is seven-feet and three-inches (Hmmm… I wonder if he’d be willing to play center next season);
(there’s more below the photo)
• George eats about 180 lbs of food a month;
• He has his very own queen sized mattress (lol… I only have a double-sized);
• Lives in Tuscon AZ and likes to chase the UPS truck;
• Weighs about 100 pounds more than a typical male Great Dane;
• He was the runt of his litter (figures);
• At five-months-old, was the size of a full-grown Labrador Retriever;
• Was kicked out of the puppy-parks as other puppy owners feared George’s size may hurt the little ones (although this may sound mean, it is completely understandable – a puppy is not yet coordinated, and with that size, he may accidentally hurt a tiny pup);
• At two-years old, weighed 252 pounds – that’s when they decided to contact Guinness Book of World Records;
• Not only is Giant George the largest dog on the planet, but he is on record as the largest dog ever recorded;
• George was featured on Oprah;
• For the flight to Chicago for the show, they bought the entire row of five seats for George (for those who have never flown their dog in a crate, there is a size limit on the crate size – George probably wouldn’t even be able to fit his head in the maximum size crate);
• His heart according to his owner Dave was broken by a Labrador named Bella and since then, the neutered George has remained resolutely single.
Here is wishing Giant George an abnormally long (especially for a large Dane), healthy and happy life.
Source: Huffington Post
What an awesome dog. I saw a picture with a tiny, tea-cup chihuahua.
I think I’ve seen that too. At least some Dane with a very small dog.
He looks like a sweetheart. But, man, that’s a lot of poop to scoop!
Yes, yes it is. Sad thing is, with that gargantuan size, I’m sure there are several health problems. And sadly, he’ll be lucky to make it to 10.
Is that really an incredibly huge dog? Or is it just a small horse in dog disguise, trying to make a big deal of himself…
180 lbs of food a month, huh? I’ll bet that digesting and excreting it would probably set a record for the size of the end result too. Probably need one of those small front end loaders to move away the “mountains” left behind! Lol
Oh, yeah. I dog sat a pretty good sized Dane once, and was rather amazed at the output that dog made.
One of my clients has a Great Dane and I know for sure that every time she goes out she always hears someone make a comment about her dog being a House!!!!
LORD, that’s a HUGE dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Yes, he is. Very big. I’m sure they had to do some adapting around the house as he grew larger and larger.
My niece has a Great Dane. Don’t think he is this tall tho! I’d freak out if that dog walked in the room! WOWOWO!
You mean a horse dressed as a Great Dane?
Pretty much! 🙂
I read about George in the paper this morning. But they didn’t have as many photo’s.
A horse! We have a lot of dogs in this house, but none that require a highway size path to get through the house.
LOOOOVE GEORGE. thanks. continue…
That’s a big dog!
My daughter says he is a real live “Clifford, the Big Red Dog” just not red!
LOL! Yes, he is.
es hermosooo , me encanta
Sí, es hermoso.
i LUUURRRRVE Giant George. thanks Michelle. continue…
Isn’t he grrrrrreat? Saddle that boy up for a ride.
I am just glad that my dane, Thor is an average size – he is plenty big enough!
My dane Clementine is the same size…
Clementine is a very large dog, then. 🙂
A giant dog? More like a small horse. lol
he is big
Rest In Peace Giant George 😥