I can’t help myself…. (Video/song is below)
I have to say, if I was Manti, I would pretty much disappear from public for a long time. Long enough for this to wear off and the general public move on to other things – which would be a minimum of one year. Each year thereafter would be even “safer” to return to the public.
So, what do you think? I’m referencing Deadspin’s recent breaking story about how Te’o’s girlfriend was non-existent. Was this a hoax Manti created? Was is he a victim of a hoax that he never caught on to? There is speculation that he may be gay, and this is a way of hiding it. Besides the backlash from the public on a player announcing he is gay, Notre Dame is, after all, a Catholic University. I doubt homosexuality goes over very well regardless of who and what gender. This doesn’t make it right or wrong… it just is what it is. The facts of an ignorant society guide people’s own actions.
So many questions…. If Manti did not create his girlfriend and someone played a horrible, HORRIBLE hoax on him, after 3 years he never went to meet her? Never talked to anyone of authority at a hospital when she was dying of leukemia? I have a real hard time with this one. That is primarily why I think he created her. Why he would have, I am not sure. I don’t think he’s gay and trying to hide anything. But did he not have the forethought to realize that this would eventually come out in the open?
One thing is for certain, if this was a big joke on him, he needs do everything within his power to clear his name – and make sure the jokester’s names are clearly brought into the limelight – perhaps prosecuted if there is some sort of charge that may be brought against them – or her.
Whatever the reason is, I do feel very sorry for him. His life will never be the same again. That having been said, I still have a little devil sitting on my left shoulder whispering in my ear to share Manti Te’o’s favorite song….
Atlanta Rhythm Section – Imaginary Lover
- Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o Was Victim Of A Hoax (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- Photos: Manti Te’o and 11 famous hoaxes and lies that fooled the world (vancouversun.com)
- Notre Dame Says Manti Te’o Is a Victim. That’s Rich, Considering Their History of Ignoring Actual Victims. (jezebel.com)
- Video: Manti Te’o’s Girlfriend Revealed (kluc.cbslocal.com)
- Crap Of The Week: Manti Te’o (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick Addresses Manti Te’o Girlfriend Hoax (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- Manti Te’o Confirms Girlfriend Hoax Story; Green Bean Buddy Comments It Puts Him in Different Perspective (prweb.com)