I have the perfect answer…. Cut back on the subsidies the oil companies receive.
They are profiting more than ever. Plus they’re the ones, whether knowningly or unknowningly, that are a main component of our aggressive climate change. They can chip in.
Salon: Oklahoma senator wants to offset tornado aid with other cuts
Roll Call: Coburn Wants Tornado Disaster Aid to Be Offset
How he can be so cold-hearted as to even mention something like this now. Here’s just a few of thousands of photos taken from Moore, Oklahoma yesterday.
- Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK) Holding Constituents Hostage by Seeking Budget Cuts for Tornado Aid (themoderatevoice.com)
- Forward Progressives – Pathetic Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn Says Cuts Must Be Made Before He’ll Support Tornado Relief (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Republican Senator Tom Coburn of Oklahoma seeking to offset tornado aid (democratprogressiveblog.com)
- OK Sen. Coburn Will Demand Cuts to Pay for Tornado Relief (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn Demands Tornado Relief Be Offset by Cuts Elsewhere (alternet.org)
- Oklahoma GOP Sen. Tom Coburn Will Seek To Offset Tornado Aid (syndicatednewsservices.com)