Is Mitt Romney a Psychopath? Or Sociopath? Also included, Mitt Funnies
Earlier today, someone had posted the traits of a sociopath and how the list fit Mitt Romney nearly to a “T.” I decided to do a bit of research to firm up exactly what a sociopath is, but when doing so, I discovered that there are two types of personality disorders which are very similar to one another – one being a sociopath and the other a psychopath. Is Romney one or the other? After reading through about a dozen or so sites and journals, I FIRMLY believe he is, and I find that he fits the traits listed for a psychopath rather than a sociopath. In most cases, these two are nearly the same, but the primary difference is that sociopaths are very disorganized and cannot maintain relationships, whereas psychopaths can. Often times, serial killers are classified as one or the other. Although I have a lot of disdain for Romney, I do not believe he has the capability of being a killer – other than a job-killer.
According to Batul Nafisa Baxamusa:
“Psychopaths are not often murderers, but are rather perhaps your next door neighbors, co-worker or even your lover. Psychopaths have a persuasive personality that is so dazzling, that it tends to blind your eyes into a make belief world, till realization dawns when it’s too late. They have a personality that is similar to Jekyll and Hyde. They get what they want…. Self-gratification is their whole and sole aim of life. Their up-bringing plays very little role in their behavior and is mostly due to biological or genetic factors…. Psychopaths tend to hang around with you, till you have been sucked out of all the money and emotionally drained. Then, they exhibit their true self and the best thing to do is move on yourself. Psychopaths tend to be very aggressive and can lose their temper over trivial matters. They have problems controlling their behavior and are basically remorseless to the pain or embarrassment caused to others due to their actions.”
Doesn’t that sound a LOT like Romney? Especially where Batul writes, “Psychopaths tend to hang around with you, till you have been sucked out of all the money and emotionally drained. Then, they exhibit their true self and the best thing to do is move on yourself.” Romney has sucked the life out of many companies when he was a part of Bain Capital, then just sauntered on his way with millions (billions?) in the bank.
A couple symptoms of both I found rather interesting are:
• The symptoms of a sociopath and psychopath are expressed outwardly from the age of 15 years. The antisocial behavior is exhibited by cruelty shown to animals.
• This is very apparent with his treatment of his dog, Seamus, but forcing him to travel in a dog crate on top of their car on a cross-country trip.
• Under both disorders, the person seems to lack a ‘conscience’, they show lack of remorse for their wrongdoings, inability to form a genuine relationship and an out of proportion reaction to the comprehended rebuffs.
• Just a few months ago, a fellow high school classmate of Romney’s told about how Mitt tackled another male student, held him down while Mitt cut off his hair – all because the victim was “different” and showed effeminate qualities. After this bullying hit the news, Mitt was asked directly to comment on his action. Romney replied that he does not recall that incident – and I believe him. The way Romney physically and emotionally hurt this poor boy means nothing to Mitt, so much that it would be like most people walking to their car. We are not going to recall when we walked to our car thirty or forty years ago.
According to Tom Woods, bestselling author of 11 books. He holds a bachelor’s degree in history from Harvard and his master’s, M.Phil., and Ph.D. from Columbia University, the seven signs of a Sociopath are:
1. Sociopaths [and psychopaths] completely lack a conscience or any capacity for real regret about hurting people. Although they pretend the opposite.
2. Sociopaths [and psychopaths] put their own desires and wants on a totally different level from those of other people. Their wants are incommensurate. They truly believe their ends justify their means. Although they pretend the opposite.
3. Sociopaths [and psychopaths] consider themselves superior to everyone else, because they aren’t burdened by the emotions and ethics others have – they’re above all that. They’re arrogant. Although they pretend the opposite.
4. Sociopaths [and psychopaths] never accept the slightest responsibility for anything that goes wrong, even though they’re responsible for almost everything that goes wrong. You’ll never hear a sincere apology from them.
5. Sociopaths [and psychopaths] have a lopsided notion of property rights. What’s theirs is theirs, and what’s yours is theirs too. They therefore defend currency inflation and taxation as good things.
6. Sociopaths [and psychopaths] usually pick the wrong target to attack. If they lose their wallet, they kick the dog. If 16 Saudis fly planes into buildings, they attack Afghanistan.
7. Sociopaths [and psychopaths] traffic in disturbing news, they love to pass on destructive rumors and they’ll falsify information to damage others.
Furthermore, Woods site tells how our politicians exhibit all of these characteristics. Doug Casey writes:
“The US is already in a truly major depression and on the edge of financial chaos and a currency meltdown. The sociopaths in government will react by redoubling the pace toward a police state domestically and starting a major war abroad. To me, this is completely predictable. It’s what sociopaths do.”
Mitt Romney fits each of these descriptions perfectly. Since Romney is capable of carrying on relationships, then that in and of itself bears the classification of a psychopath rather than a sociopath.
The thought of a true psychopath running this country is one very terrifying image which I hope never comes true. There is still inequality present in many areas of life, both between the sexes and between races. In Mitt Romney’s case, he was raised in a religion that firmly believes that white males dominate over all… over women… over other races. Over all. He will take care of his “kind” first, meaning the highly wealthy will be catered to while the rest of the country “works it’s way out.”
As I mentioned in the title, there are some Mitt Funnies. You know, funny photos with captions kinda thing…. And it is now time to share those, especially after realizing that the man who is running for President of the United States against the incumbant, Barack Obama, is a psychopath….
Buzzle: Sociopath Vs. Psychopath
Buzzle: Am I a Sociopath – test
Difference Between.net: Difference Between Psychopath and Sociopath
WiseGeek: What Is the Difference Between a Psychopath and a Sociopath?
Wiki Answers: What is the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath?
Knight’s Christian Commentaries and Worldwide News: The Signs of a Psychopath, Sociopath and Narcissist
Tom Woods: Seven Signs of a Sociopath
Lew Rockwell: The Ascendence of Sociopaths in US Governance